Wednesday 6 August 2008

Richmond - 3 lap PB

3 more laps of Richmond and with the wind less and no sign of rain, I had a go at beating Monday's time.

It felt quicker from the off as I got up the first hill in good shape and pushed on. I passed a couple of "fit" looking cyclists which gave me hope that I'm not that useless. I ended the first lap in just under 22 which was ok. The second lap didn't feel so good and I struggled up the first hill. I felt like I was fighting with my bike most of the way round and it wasn't helped by a very slow car on the steep down hill. Lap2 was done in 22:14 so I was outside a 66.

I was determined to make it up on the last lap and I really pushed when I could. I was out of the saddle up the first hill and the short steep one. I really went for it on the last straight, bombing along at 23 mph which I thought was good. I knew it would be close but I really went for it and finished the last lap in 21:38 which gave me a total time of 1:05:50. I was delighted.

Garmin Data:
  1. 6.74 miles 21:58:36 18.4 mph
  2. 6.65 miles 22:13:75 18.0 mph
  3. 6.73 miles 21:37:64 18.7 mph

Total 20.13 miles 1:05:50 18.3 mph

I did feel some niggles today particularly in my feet. The outside of the soles of my feet really hurt and my right foot had an extremely tender spot when I took my shoe off at the end. It went away quite quickly but it was very painful.

No comments: