Sunday 20 July 2008

New bike - first ride

I went out with Ed today on my bike to Richmond Park. This was my first ride on the new bike (apart from back from the shop) and I was a little nervous about it all. Had I bought the right bike, what would it feel like, had I been sold the right thing and how would my knee feel.

As it turned out, I had a great time. I cycled too Richmond Park and got used to the bike. Once there I met up with Ed at Roehampton Gate and started on our first lap clockwise. I went at a gentle pace but I was pleased to see our cruising pace was up near 20 mph. We hit the short sharp hill and I realised my legs were a little tired from yesterday's exertions. We completed the first lap in around 26 minutes (with one stop for Ed to check his bike) and I was loving the bike. I got up to 38 mph down one of the hills.

The second lap went in much the same way and faster in around 23 minutes. The third was going better still but we were stopped by a crossing of deer. I really want to give it a good go and see if I can get close to the 1 hour target time. I'm sure I could get close.

No comments: