Sunday 2 November 2008

Monthly Stats - October


I have to say that it was a successful month. Doing much better than expected in both events was a real bonus. I did not reach my targets for running or cycling but the Epic and then the Marathon made the weeks after tough going. I also didn't have a weekend where I could have a good go at the 10 mile target so I'll role that over to next month.

October Goals:
Complete the Autumn Epic - PASS
Do a 4:30 marathon at Abingdon - PASS
Do over 80 miles running - FAIL
Do over 300 miles cycling - FAIL
Break the 10 miles in 30 minute target - FAIL (Did not attempt)

November Goals:
Do over 80 miles running
Do over 300 miles cycling
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions
Break the 10 miles in 30 minute target

No targets to big this month. The main aim is to get into a routine with my training as I'm starting a more structured plan. It will look something like this:
  • Mon - Turbo Trainer easy
  • Tue - Run
  • Wed - Gym including core and weights
  • Thu - Turbo Trainer easy
  • Fri - Rest
  • Sat - Long cycle
  • Sun - Long Run
Obviously, it is flexible. I will often swap the long run and long cycle around and move the rest day if I have an event.

No comments: