Sunday 21 December 2008

Monthly Stats - December

Again, this month saw me miss my targets by about 50% for cycling and 28% for running. Even though its more failure, I'm pretty pleased given that I did all this months exercise in 18 days with flu wiping out the first 13 days of the month. Had I done the same level of exercise during the whole month, I would have easily reached my targets.

The highlights of December were my runs over Christmas. I ran 13 miles on Christmas day which I must get credit for. After the kids had opened their presents and it had all settled down, I set off and ran the half marathon from Battersea to my sister-in-laws house in Keston near Bromley. I arrived about 15 minutes after my wife and I got to enjoy a huge turkey dinner guilt free.

I also had a great run in Devon at my Dad's over 10 hilly miles and 3 runs in Ireland over new years in a little town called Carlingford, north of Dublin. More hills and more cross-country. It all helped keep the Christmas weight off.


December Goals:
Do over 75 miles running - FAIL (53.3 miles)
Do over 350 miles cycling - FAIL (186 miles)
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions - FAIL (50%)
Break the 10 miles in 30 minute target - FAIL (Did not attempt, again, again)

Even though I failed to reach December's targets, I'm sure I can succeed in January if I avoid illness.

January Goals:
Do over 80 miles running
Do over 400 miles cycling
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions
Break the 10 miles in 30 minute target

No comments: