Sunday 12 October 2008

Run AND cycle session

I managed to rescue a potentially disastrous week. I took the first half of the week off after the Epic to give a chance for my knees and adductor to recover. But then with a combination of apathy, events and my wife's birthday, I had done nothing come Saturday evening.

So, with the weather looking good, I decided to make the most of it. I was up at 6:00 am and as I have the marathon next Sunday, I thought I better have a run. So after some porridge, I left at 7 and did a 10 mile run along the Thames. It felt good apart from a need for the loo for the last couple of miles.

Then, when I got home I changed into my cycling gear and went out for a cycle. I had planned to do more than I did but my right knee was hurting a little so I went to Richmond, did a lap and came home via Chelsea for 23 miles in 1:23.

No comments: