Thursday 2 October 2008

Last cycle before Epic

As the weather was OK (cold and windy but not raining) I decided to get out and check my bike during Yvette's nursery time. Just 10 miles to Wimbledon and back up including Wimbledon Park hill which is steep but short. I forgot my inhaler and only remembered 1 mile into the ride. I didn't need my inhaler but as usual, as soon as I realised I had not got it, I got wheezy. I managed to get round without dying.

I also cycled to and from the pub. It is my monthly pub night with my friends from the Dads group. I thought about missing it as I didn't need a late, booze fueled night, but I decided to cycle there and not drink. That's 10 more miles for the spreadsheet and 4 or 5 less pints in me.

2 comments:

Clive Handy said...

Enjoy the Epic, Its on my list, but not for this year.

Most of all, enjoy every mile between now and the Etape, every extra mile is a mile closer to success, and every one will help you get to the finish next summer.

Rumour currently has it you will be tackling the mighty Mont Ventoux. If so I will be envious. Very envious.

Simon Lewis said...

Thanks for the datameister. The Epic was such a buzz. I can highly recommend it. Stunning from start too finish.

Mont Ventoux would be amazing. Your "there and back" sounds great. I did Guildford to Greta Green in 5.5 days when I was 19 and fit. Those were the days.

I hope the C&F went well.