Wednesday 15 October 2008

Cycling Events for 2009

After a great day at the Autumn Epic, I'm really keen to do another sportive. However, its the end of the season and not much goes on between now and next February. Shame. Instead, I've worked out which rides I will do next year.

The Surrey Rumble
Date: Sunday 8th March 2009
Distance: 78 miles (126 kms)
Climbing: 970 meters (3,182 feet)
Web Page

Fred Whitton Challenge
Date: Sunday 10th May 2009
Distance: 112 miles (180 kms)
Climbing: 3,950 meters (12,960 feet)
Web Page

The Dave Lloyds Mega Challenge
Date: Sunday 21st June 2009
Distance: 150 miles (241 kms)
Climbing: 5,000 meters (16,400 feet)
Web Page

Dartmoor Classic Cyclosportive
Date: Sunday 28th June 2009
Distance: 101 Miles (163 Kms)
Climbing: 3,407 meters (11,178 feet)
Web Page

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some good sportives there. I would be looking to get a entry to the Fred myself as I missed out last year.

The Etape du Tour is some experance Simon take in as much as you can.

Best of luck.

Alec.

Simon Lewis said...

Thanks Alec. I'm loving it all at the moment. I can't wait to do another offical ride.

I hear the Fred sells out in a day. I have the 6th Jan firming in my diary to get myself a place.

Ed Mason said...

Hello Simon, you kept this quiet :-)

I thought I should say something since we'll be dragging ourselves around France, along with Clive hopefully and maybe a few others.

Feel free to give me the credit for finding the David Lloyd sportive. And I'll do you a report of the Dartmoor Beast if you ask me nicely.

Simon Lewis said...

Ed found the Mega Challenge. Well done Ed. And if you go to Dartmoor, you won't find The Beast. Its Exmoor.

Mark Liversedge said...

good luck with the dave lloyd mega and fred. this years etape will be easy by comparison!

Simon Lewis said...

Thanks Mark. Yep, I'm starting to think that the goal of the Etape is clearly not the hardest thing I'm looking to complete next year.