Monday 5 January 2009

A good start to 2009

Its been a positive start to 2009. 27.2 miles run and 118.3 miles cycled in a week and a half. That's 8 lots of exercise in 11 days. My dietary habits have also improved considerably. Lets hope I can keep it up.

Thu 1st - 6.3 mile run with hills in Carlingford, Ireland.

Fri 2nd - Travel home from Ireland.

Sat 3rd - Probably should have gone out for a short cycle but didn't.

Sun 4th - Longmoor Lollop. Cross country half marathon.

Mon 5th - Gym including cycling, weights and stretching.

Tue 6th - I ran the 3.8 miles to Waterloo to meet Ed and Clive for a drink. I'm not officially on the wagon but I decided not to drink. Line and soda all night. I ran nearly a mile back afterwards but it was so so cold that I chickened out and got on the bus. Still, better than nothing.

Wed 7th - An hour on the turbo trainer. Slow start for 20 minutes and then turned up the resistance for 0.5 mile followed by a 1 mile spinning. I did this for about 25 minutes. Then a cool down. It was a good workout. Really felt it by the end.

Thu 8th - I only had 40 minutes spare time so I rushed to the gym to do a quick 3.5 mile run in the warm. Fast but short. It all counts.

Fri 9th - Rest day. My poor knee needs the day off.

Sat 10th - I was up before 8 so I could get a quick ride in. I thought the weather forecast had said it was getting warmer but it was the coldest morning I can remember for a long while. I eventually got out at 9:20 (there was no sudden hot spell) and by the time I got to the top of the road, the cold air was making my chest hurt like hell. If my family had not been out and I had had a key, I'd have turned around and gone home. As it was I went through Putney into Richmond Park, did a quick circuit including springing seated up Broomfield Hill and then took the long route home. 21 miles. Lets hope its warmer for my long ride tomorrow.

Sun 11th - 69.6 miles with around 5500 feet of climbing. See main post for report.

No comments: