Tuesday 10 February 2009

New Toy

It was my birthday on Sunday and from my wife I got a great new toy. I got a Flip Video Mino.


Its a small, pocket-sized camcorder about the size of a small phone with a screen and 2GB of flash memory.

Its simplicity itself. One button record, up to 60 minutes of video and an inbuilt USB arm to connect it to the PC. It also has built in software so you can edit video, upload your video to your PC or straight to YouTube.

The reason for getting it was to record bits of the major events I'll be doing this year. I want a record of Hardknott from the bottom, of my mates face as he complete to 150th mile of the Dave Lloyd and the view from the top of Mont Ventoux.

I still need a way of keeping it sweat free and dry in my back pocket but a small zip bag will probably be ok. Here is an example of what it can do:

No comments: