Sunday 15 February 2009

That's more like it

After last week's bad weather and bad health, I was determined to get back on track with a hard week.

Monday was a 5 mile run in Battersea Park. On Tuesday I went off to Box Hill to do some training for the Ballbuster Duathlon in March. I knew where the 8 mile Ballbuster course was but I had not run or cycled the entire circuit. I got to Box Hill at midday and decided to drive the route. I noticed that most of the course had no footpaths and one small section was on a main road but it was quite enough so I thought I'd give it a go.

I ran the 8 mile loop in 1:08:30 which was ok. I didn't push too hard at any stage. I'll hope to be closer to the hour mark on the day. I then set off on the bike. I had planned to do 2 laps but with the lap in the car, I was running out of time so one lap was all I could manage. It was fine and has given me a lot of confidence for the race. I know the second 8 mile run will be very hard but I know I can do it.

Whilst climbing Box Hill on the bike, I shot a video with my new video-camera.

Wednesday was on the bike for an attempt at my 10 miles in 30 minutes. Its ridiculous as I know I can do it. Rather than the hilly Richmond Park, I chose the flat Clapham Common but there was too much traffic and I must have stopped at 6 or 7 red lights. I did 9.1 miles in 30 minutes and 21 miles in total. I will find a route and complete this task.

Thursday was a great 42 mile ride through Kingston to Richmond Park and then 3.5 laps at a moderate pace. Friday was supposed to be another cycle but things got in the way so nothing was done.

Saturday was down as a rest day but to make up for Friday, I was up at 6am to run 6 miles in the cold and dark. I than had to drive the return journey from South London to north of Doncaster to see my Grandma and Auntie. It was lovely to see them but 400 miles is a long way to go in a day.

Sunday was event 3 in the 12 event series. The Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon. As its an event, I've written a separate blog entry.

Weekly Totals
Run: 32 miles
Cycle: 70 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great video Simon, might get a flip fir my wife! Simon