Monday 30 March 2009

Sports Massage

After my century on Saturday (I like the way that sounds), I had a little discomfort above my right knee and it was very stuff on Sunday morning (stop giggling at the back). It felt ok by Monday morning but I could still feel it as I rode to the shops in the afternoon and ran in the evening.

So, I booked a sports massage at Balance Physio in Clapham. They are excellent and have fixed me twice before when I strained my abductor playing football and had knee trouble when training for the Edinburgh marathon. My guess was that I had tight quads and ITB which was resulting in pain above the kneecap.

It turned out I was spot on. Rene was superb and really punished me for not stretching enough after rides. Its my own fault as I am very lazy when it comes to stretching. I got 45 minutes of agony for my money as she tried to loosen up my tight muscles and ITB. It was painful for me and really hard work for her but I'm sure it will help. I feel very sore (so many innuendos) now but it should be fine for my long ride on Friday.

I've got another appointment booked in two weeks time and I intend to start stretching every day.

No comments: