Monday 22 September 2008

Epic Map

I received my Epic details today. I am number 644. I can't really believe I'm doing it. I'm going to feel really out of place.

I used the map to enter the details into Bike Route Toaster so I could save it as a .GPX file for Ed's Garmin 705. Once I'd done it, I go to see the profile. Wow. That makes Sunday's ride look very small.

Although it looks like the big hills are at the beginning, I am told that the hard ones are in the second half. I'm guessing they are the ones that are so steep, over half the people walk.

Getting the info has prompted me to make a list of things I need to take with me to Wales.

MAIN
Bike, Track Pump, Computer, Garmin, Water Bottles, Glasses - light lenses, Glasses - dark lenses, Road Pump
CLOTHES
Shoes, Thin Socks, Shorts, Bid Shorts, Tights, Base Layer, Orange Jersey, Waterproof Jacket, Fingerless Gloves, Thick gloves, Underhelmet Hat, Helmet
SADDLE BAG
Inner Tube x 3, Tyre Levers, Multitool, CO2 Canister x 3, Money, ID, Inhaler x 2
FOOD
SIS PSP22 - enough for 4 bottles, SIS PSP22 sachets x 4, Viper Bars x 4

No comments: