Monday 15 June 2009

Centre Parks

I had a really great time at Centre Parks in Longleat this weekend. It was helped by great weather and going with our good friends. We ate well, cycled, swam, played badminton and crown green bowling, had a BBQ, climbed trees, played on the beach and fed the ducks.

I was sceptical about the place before I went but came away with nothing but good things to say about it. It was full yet you never felt surrounded by people. In the chalets it was quite and peaceful. We were lucky that we got a last minute deal so it wasn't too expensive as I hear it is normally quite dear.

As for exercise, we cycled everywhere around the complex. I pulled Yvette in a "pod" trailer which is great fun but hard work. I got to the gym on Saturday to do 20 miles on the bike, loads of stretching, some upper body weights and a go on the rowing machine.

On Sunday I was destroyed by my mate Alex during a game of badminton. 21-11, 21-10 and 21-8 but it was still really enjoyable. I got in some more stretching and also went on a 90 minute ride on my own around the complex. Not the most fun route but it was great weather and I had some podcasts to catch up on.

Now its a tricky week leading up to the 150 miles of the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge on Sunday. Lots of rest, early nights and stretching.

No comments: