Thursday 11 June 2009

Repetition

This weekend I'm off to Centre Parks with the family and some friends and their children so no long rides on Saturday and Sunday. I am hiring a mountain bike and intend to get a ride in on my own both mornings as well as a ride with the family but I had to get some other miles in.

On Thursday I did a 9 mile warm up to Richmond Park, then 7 laps of the 6.7 mile circuit before a slow 6 miles home. Most of my laps were around 17.5 mph which I was pleased with. Going anti-clockwise it was one longish hill and one short one. Nothing too bad but enough to reduce your average. I did try one fast lap where I went for it and got round with a 18.9mph average.



Looking at the profile from my Garmin, it does show how accurate it is. Each lap is spot on.

Stats
Distance: 62.29 miles
Time: 3:37:21
Average: 17.2 mph
Ascent: 3100 feet
Max Speed: 38.7 mph
Nutrition: 2 bottles of water and 1 Clif Bar.

Friday was a quick ride out. 29 miles in a couple of hours. A slow start through Chelsea and Parsons Green and then on to Prolouge bike shop. I went in for some new cleats and came out with new gloves and no cleats. The padding in my old gloves had worn down and I was getting a bit of Ulna pain on longer rides. The new Pearl Izumi red gloves have loads of padding.

Then into Richmond Park for more laps and 6 reps of Bloomfield Hill. I sat down on all the reps and tried to go at a high cadence in a gear 3 or 4 from the top. Short sharp hard work.

2 comments:

kate said...

at last you're doing some proper cycling ;)

Simon Lewis said...

I don't think you'd call it proper cycling. It was on mountain bikes but there weren't a lot of mountains to be see.