Tuesday 2 June 2009

Monthly Stats - May 2009

Another month gone and less that 50 days until the Etape. I can't quite believe it. A good month. I made my main target which was the 600 miles.

Its the 6th month in a row where I've done more miles than the previous one. Its a pleasing trend and I hope it continues next month.

My running is a distraction at the moment. It seems to aggravate my quad pain but I'm loathed to discard it completely but its the right thing to do.

May Goals (5 pass, 3 fail)
Do over 600 miles cycling - PASS (602 miles)
Do over 30 miles running - FAIL (24.2 miles)
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions - PASS (95%)
Complete the Fred Whitton in under 9:00 - PASS (8:53)
Complete the Fred Whitton without walking - PASS
Complete the 20km de Bruxelles in under 1:40 - FAIL (1:54 - No where near)
Break 5K PB in under 22 minutes - FAIL (Did not attempt)
Average 19 mph for 1 hour - PASS (19.1 during the 73 miler on the 24th)

June Goals
Do over 700 miles cycling
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions
Complete Ed's mad 130 mile route in the Surrey Hills
Complete the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge (150) in under 11 hours
Complete the Dartmoor Classic (104) in under 7.5 hours

I have no running goals this month. If I do any running its a bonus. Its my final month before the Etape so must be all about the cycling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so Xcited 4 u The Etape du Tour is so so close now. What a fabulous chance u have what a great life experience, train hard and enjoy. TAKE CARE Ps may i ride in spirt beside u that would be unreal i hope pay TV will cover it, i can only hope.
All the very best with ur training from now till the day "train smart" as erin told me to. Ru on twitter?
Regards
Trea frm Oz

Simon Lewis said...

Thanks very much Trea. It is an exciting time. I have to focus on my long training ride tomorrow followed by a 150 mile event in Wales and a 100 miler in Devon. If that goes ok then its great news going into the Etape. How is the running going? And no, I'm not on Twitter. I don't have the time. Simon.

John Sutton said...

That's a pretty hefty schedule for June. Best of luck with it - don't forget to taper!

Simon Lewis said...

Cheers John. I have 21 days between the Dadrtmoor Classic and the Etape. Plenty of time to cut the mileage and rest my legs. I just have to make sure I cut the calories as well as the miles.