Monday 22 June 2009

More Dave Lloyd thoughts

Comments
Thanks for all the nice comments on the DLMC. Its nice to know so many read my blog and are interested in my rides.

Bwlch y Groes
Thanks for the info Data. 11 chevrons in 2.2 kms. That is impressive. Good knowledge.

Pain
The most pleasing thing about the day was my new ride position. My knee and thigh pain was greatly reduce. So much so that I forgot about it for long periods. Also, my worries about the shoes were unfounded. They were very comfy.

Feed stops
I was surprised just how long I had been stopped. There were four feeds stops and I must have been at each for over 10 minutes as I stationary for 52 minutes in total. That is a little annoying as I had intended to be quicker than that.

Finish Position
I'm dead chuffed with 71st place. That's top 37% out of the 188 finishers and top 19% out of the 359 entrants.

Standard
Yep, I did get a silver standard. Very pleased with that.

Etape
I'm trying not to be over confident but as a couple of comments said, I think this ride was sort of harder than the Etape. We got to 92 miles on Sunday in around 6 hours 15 minutes which is the equivalent of the base of Ventoux. It was hillier than the Etape's first 92 miles and we were well inside the Etape cut-off. So I guess I'm now thinking more about how well I can do in France rather than if I can beat the broom wagon.

Having said all that, a mechanical or a couple of punctures and its all in the balance. There is also the possibility of 40 degree heat which I didn't have in Wales. That could change everything.

Simon
No, I don't think he's forgive me yet :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I have ;-)..

..but not Ed