Friday 19 June 2009

Pre Race Report

Later today, I shall be driving the 220 miles from my house to Ruthin in Wales for the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge. It is 150 miles with over 5,000 metres of climbing around the beautiful hills of North Wales.






We are staying on Saturday night in a Travel Lodge and then its up early for the 6am start and 150 grueling miles. Then its back in the car for the long journey home. Red Bull and espressos needed.

I'm not looking forward to it that much. I'm not feeling great at the moment. The training has been going ok but the diet is again terrible. I just can't do it. And 150 miles seems such a long way.

I better get packing. The weather report is good at the moment but I better plan for all eventualities.

2 comments:

Karen Popplewell said...

Good Luck Simon! I almost wish I was doing it tomorrow - fabulous preparation for the Etape. You'll be absolutely fine - looking forward to reading about your success on the DLMC in a few days :-)

John Sutton said...

Who needs to diet if you're cycling 150 miles! I'd have thought getting enough calories in would be more the issue! I lost 10kg in the last year without trying too hard. Number one rule - no carbs in the evening.

Hope the DLMC went well, look forward to the report.