Sunday 12 July 2009

Time in the gym

Saturday was meant to by a longish ride with Ed. Nothing too intense but a good workout. On Friday, we had friends round for dinner and I had a couple of drinks. I decided not to worry about it and just have a nice evening which I did. I wasn't in bed until 1am so when my alarm went off at 7:30am and it was wet outside, I called Ed and cancelled. I think its the first weekend ride I have bailed on and one that's not all the important.

However, by lunchtime I was annoyed with myself and felt lazy. I went to the gym and did two hard hours on the bike, rowing machine and lots of stretching. I felt good afterwards and the stretching was really useful.

On Sunday I got up early and went to the gym again. Another two hours and it felt really good. The stretching really loosened me up and I'm so glad I did it.

The rest of the taper will look like this:

Monday - Gym session (1 hour cycle, 30 minutes row, 30 minutes stretch)
Tuesday - Gym session (1 hour cycle, 30 minutes row, 30 minutes stretch)
Tuesday - Sports massage
Wednesday - 30 mile ride with some sprints
Thursday - 20 mile ride
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Travel to France
Sunday - Small ride to check bike and loosen legs
Monday - Long ride with large mountain at end

No comments: