Thursday 23 April 2009

Another step to recovery

I woke on Wednesday to another beautiful day. My first thought was to get out on the bike. Just a small ride, nothing to extravagant. But I came to my senses. My knee was a little sore from Tuesday's 30 miler and I didn't want to rush its recovery. So I decided to take the day off and continue my jobs around the house (I'm redecorating the front room). It felt lazy but sensible.


On Thursday my knee felt better (its the first thing I think about when I wake) so I went out for another ride. Rather predictably, I went to Richmond Park. I took the long route via Kingston and then went round clockwise. I was feeling good, it was sunny again and it wasn't busy so I was really enjoying myself.

I'm not sure but I might be feeling a little benefit from the hard few days in Devon followed by rest. I felt a little quicker than usual and was doing over 18 mph average during the second hour.

By the third lap I was feeling various niggles and knew it was time to go home. Very pleased with my progress. I will probably rest again tomorrow and then go out on Saturday for maybe a 50 or 60 mile ride.

Distance: 40.26 miles
Time: 2:21:38
Average: 17.1 mph
Max Speed: 36.8 mph
Ascent: 2330 feet

1 comment:

kate said...

mmm....bread ;)