Saturday 18 April 2009

Injury Update

After 4 full days off, I ventured back into the gym today. My legs have felt gradually better each day with my left leg feeling really good on Friday morning. My right leg felt ok but I was aware that is was not completely healed.

This was confirmed as I cycled the 2 miles to the gym. I was fine on the flat but as soon as the road rose at all, I would feel a tightness in my right quad. Nothing too serious but enough to know I couldn't go out and ride up Box Hill without risking future injury.

At the gym, I did another 25 minutes of cycling and then did 50 minutes of core work and stretching. I did loads on my aductor, quads and ITB and I could really feel it. The good news is that my legs are definitely less tight than there were before Tuesday's sports massage. That was money well spent and Rene at Balance Physio is fantastic.

I'll either do the same again tomorrow or try a little ride out on my road bike. I'll see tomorrow morning if I get any reaction to today's cycling.

1 comment:

Simon Lewis said...

I had no reaction to Saturday's gym session so I did the same again today. Rode to the gym, did 8 miles on the bike in the gym, did about 40 minutes of stretching and core and then rode home.

I was fine just spinning but could feel the injury if I really pushed on the bike.

The plan is to repeat this each day next week, maybe adding a little more distance on the bike. If it feels fine by Thursday, I'll take Friday off and then go out properly on Saturday to test it with hills but that's a long way off.