Friday 22 May 2009

Core work up a ladder

This weeks workouts were put on hold due to some DIY. My wife went on business to India so I decided to surprise her by decorating the living room. She went on Sunday night so I had five days to finish it all. We had new wiring put in the walls for the TV and lights, a new fire place and the walls skimmed with plaster so I had everything to paint.

What seemed like a straight forward job turned out to be a pain as I had to 'mist' the new plaster with watered down paint for a few coats before doing two of the main colour - Palladian (or as I call it, beige). Also the ceilings, skirting boards, windows etc needed painting which took ages. I didn't get to bed before 2am any night.

I then had one wall to wallpaper, something which I've never done before. A seriously stressful job trying to line up a complex pattern. It looks ok now its done and I'm surprised at my handy-work. Cath really was surprised and liked it when she got back so it was worth all the trouble.

I did manage to get to the gym on Thursday morning and run 11km which felt good. I did do lots of stretching as my legs were a bit stiff from all the kneeling and climbing up ladders. Painting must be good core work with all the stretching and reaching.

Its half term next week followed by my running race in Brussels so I now have three days to do as many miles on the bike as I can fit in. At least I have loads of brownie points in the bag.

No comments: