Friday 1 May 2009

Monthly Stats - April 2009

A miserable two weeks this month sandwiched between some good rides. The 240 miles in Devon really started the month off well but I think it was this that gave me my quad injury. I thought I'd stretched properly after riding and rested well for 6 days but still got injured after I ran. I'm not sure what went wrong. I know I'm not over it but I recovered well enough to do some good miles at the end of the month. I just fell short of my cycling goal but it was still a record month.

According to MapMyRide, I burnt off 25,340 calories which is excellent but it has been a poor month for my eating. My weight has not moved at all. I did 38 hours 54 minutes of exercise. My 540 miles riding had 43,897 feet (13,380 meters) of ascent.

April Goals
Do over 50 miles running - FAIL. Only ran once doing 13.4 miles.
Do over 550 miles cycling - FAIL. 540 miles completed.
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions - FAIL. Did 80% mainly due to injury.
Ride over 200 miles in Devon - PASS. Did 240 miles in 4 days.
Average 18 mph for 1 hour - PASS. In RP. Did 18.3 miles in an hour and could have gone faster.
Break 5K PB in under 22 minutes - FAIL. Did not try

March Goals
Do over 40 miles running
Do over 600 miles cycling
Complete 85% of my planned training sessions
Complete the Fred Whitton in under 9:00
Complete the Fred Whitton without walking
Complete the 20km de Bruxelles in under 1:40
Break 5K PB in under 22 minutes
Average 19 mph for 1 hour

6 comments:

kate said...

80% of the planned stuff isn't bad at all-keep it up! how's the bread diet going?

Kyle Schneider said...

Simon,
Don't get frustrated, injuries are a part of what we do, and being a runner I am sure you have had your share. Get your miles in on the bike, and run when you feel up to it! My weight stayed the same for 3 months, I had to change my routine by adding in some core work, like yoga and pilates. I have since dropped another 10lbs. By the way thanks for sending my entry number...there seems to be 2 of me!
Cheers
Kyle

Simon Lewis said...

You are right Kyle. I have had plenty (shin splints, foot strain, ankle strain, torn adductor) of running injuries.

Well done for shedding 10 more pounds. And I hope you are going to ride the Etape twice :-)

Simon Lewis said...

Kate - don't ask about the bread. I'm sooooo weak.

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon,
I just got your blog off Brandon's site. I would like to thank u VERY much for helping me decide to run a half in Oct.It was very kind that u took the time to leave me a comment. I am on hols at the moment and intend to run on the beach each moning can't wait.3weeks up in the northern part of our country. Your Blog is great i will enjoy following your training With heart felt thank's Regards Trea frm Oz

Simon Lewis said...

You are very welcome Trea. I love it when I can help people to do more and surprise themselves with what they are capable of. You will do great.

A friend of mine who moved to Sydney is currently training for the Oxfam 100km walk. I've seen pictures of the course and it looks beautiful. I'd love oto give it a go.

Have a great holiday and I'm pleased you enjoy the blog.